Wednesday, April 26th, 7pm: Map and Compass course.
Saturday, April 15th, 9am: Basic Searcher course. Mandatory for new members, a good refresher for all members.
Wednesday, April 12th: New Member Info Session 6pm, Executive Meeting 7pm, SAR-NIF meeting 8:30pm
We are recruiting!
New Member Information Sessions are open to the public, must be 18 or older to join the team.
Sunday, April 2nd, 9am: Map and Compass Training followed by D4H training; 16 members attended.
November 22: Great article in the Giv’er On the River about the MGSAR team. Read it here.
November 20th: Anthropology course with Dr. Moira (members only) in Moncton, hosted by Tri-County Ground Search and Rescue NB
November 19th @ 10am and November 23rd @6pm: MGSAR Info Sessions; open to the public; located at the MGSAR base (71 Thornycroft St)
- In Memoriam page has been updated to include our team mate, Mark Corbett, who passed away last November. Special thanks to his family for his biography and the great photo.
- Met with our Platinum sponsor, Sykes Miramichi, at the base for a photo op with our new t-shirts and signs
November 7th: MGSAR members met with our Federal Minister, Pat Finnegan, regarding our long-term plan to establish a GSAR training Center for New Brunswick in Miramichi.
November 4-6th: 13 members of the MGSAR team are participating in the New Brunwick GSAR Workshop held in Oromocto, NB.
- Some of the courses offered:
- Utilizing SAR Dog Teams at Searches
- Lost Person Behaviour
- GPS training
- Searching from aircraft
A special thanks to the Miramichi Police Force and our new liaison, Ethan Baisley, for providing the MGSAR team’s new Searcher 1 manuals!
- Thursday, October 27: Searcher 1 training at NBCC Miramichi Campus for the Environmental Technology staff and students
- Sunday, October 23 @ 3pm: General Meeting at the Base (71 Thorneycroft St)
- The website has been updated to include a dedication on our “In Memoriam” page for our team mate and friend, Peter Casey, who sadly passed away in March of 2016. Special thanks to Peter’s wife, Charline, for supplying the wonderful photos of Peter in GSAR orange.
It’s been a busy spring and summer for the MGSAR team. We hosted a BBQ at Kent Building Supplies; volunteered at the Stripper Cup, McHappy Day’s, Miramichi Walk for Alzheimer’s, Miramichi Canada Day Parade, 2016 Irish Festival on the Miramichi, and the 2016 Air Show Atlantic. We’ve also hosted a couple of information sessions at our Base and have held numerous training courses, including map & compass, for our members.
Please check out our Gallery to view pictures of our latest events.
We are always recruiting and training new members. If you are interested in joining, fill out a form or email us for more info.